N A V I G A T I O N :
1. General stuff (such as my name and age)
2. Beauty / cosmetics / lenses
3. Shopping questions
4. Fashion questions
5. Dealing with life / prejudice / homophobia / etc.
(negative comments regarding the way I look. coming out story, and such)
G E N E R A L S T U F F :
How old are you / where do you live / what is your real name / what languages do you speak?
- 20 / Kärrtorp, Stockholm, Sweden / Saga Malva -and a last name- / Swedish and English, I understand a bit of French and Japanese as well.
What do you do for a living?
- I am in high school, distance classes, not quite sure as to what I might end up doing later in life!
Favorite band / movie / TV series?
Ayabie. Soon followed by Marina & the Diamonds, AYABIE, Girugämesh, MUCC, Florence + the machine, Kent, ZORO and Kagrra, / The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Cloud Atlas / Orange Is the New Black, Parks & Recreation, American Horror Story.
B E A U T Y / C O S M E T I C S / L E N S E S :
What makeup do you use?
The makeup I use in my tutorials is posted along with the video!
MAC Studio Fix fluid foundation, NC15
MakeUpStore compact powder, Milky
Liquid fine-tip eyeliner from Dolly Wink
Most frequently used eyeshadow palettes are the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and TheBalm's Balmsai
Various lip glosses, lip sticks and balms - my favorite is the How 'Bout Them Apples? balm palette from TheBalm!
Tony Moly lip tint, Cherry Red
Brushes from H&M
Lashes from Taobao and eBay, Dolly Wink, eyelash adeshive from Ardell's, LashGrip.
Where do you buy your lenses?
- Pinkyparadise is my main sponsor of lenses. I would love it if you used coupon code "irodohieru" when shopping there, it will give you a free cute lens case and a little gift, as well as my eternal love and gratitude. I also own a few pairs from MapleLens, Lensvillage and Pinkicon. All found under reviews!
UNIQSO is my most recent parter, if you apply coupon code "irodohieru", you will get a 105 discount!
What lenses do you own?
- Pictures and models, all of them, under reviews - here!
How did you do your glitter makeup?
- Tutorial here.
What hairdye do you use / how do you dye your hair?
- Directions. Thorough hairdye tutorial post here.
Also, check under tutorials and guides!
How many piercings do you have?
- I have had 9 in total, currently I am only "using" my angelbites.
Does getting pierced hurt?
- Making a hole in your body with a sharp object hurst, yes. Obviously.
S H O P P I N G Q U E S T I O N S :
Where did you buy / can you send me a link to this item?
- Do you save links to every item you've ever bought online? Sorry, this answer is rude. But it's true, am I right. I've bought different things since I was 11, I still use some things I bought then. I can't. I also don't remember everything, but please look at photo captions, or contact me on Ask.fm.
Where do you buy your wigs?
- Taobao and eBay, no particular shops.
Where do you shop?
- H&M, CDJapan, eBay, Taobao, Dolls Kill, River Island, Spinns, Wego, Monomania.
How does Taobao work?
- Please look here!
What are your favorite brands?
- Anything from H&M and Monomania, Devilish666, SEX POT ReVeNGe, BOY LONDON.
F A S H I O N Q U E S T I O N S :
What do you call your style?
- Street fashion on some days, hobo kei on some days, Tumblr hipster on other days.
How old were you when you started dressing this way?
- J-rock inspired / some sort of failed attempt at decora at age 11, "this" way at age 16. My style developed. Go through my Tumblr archive if you want to look back, at least a few years!
How do you afford everything?
- I've worked on and off since I was 16. Students in Sweden also get money from the state to be able to afford focusing on school. I haven't bought anything new in ages, either, as I've been given the opportunity to promote sponsors.
D E A L I N G W I T H L I F E / P R E J U D I C E / H O M O P H O B I A / E T C . :
Do people look at you funny?
How do you get the courage to wear the clothes you like?
- Wearing the clothes I like is what gives me courage. I used to be super self-conscious, always looking up to my favorite bands and friends whom I admired for dressing all cool, but not feeling good enough. Then I tried, it was scary at first, but then it felt awesome and since then I haven't stopped. Read more here.
How do you handle negative comments?
- Kill them with kindness, or sass. A smile is the best "fuck off" you can give a rude little brat, a sassy comment works just as well. This, if anything, will give you courage.
What is your sexual orientation?
- As gay as the day is long.
How long have you known / how do I know if I'm gay?
- I obviously can't possibly tell you what you are because that is something only you can know. Which is what I did. I fell in love with my best friend when I was 14 and that was that, before that I hadn't thought about it.
How did you come out?
- I didn't. My parents never said "when you get a boyfriend / husband / etc." or in any way assumed I was anything, so it wasn't hard. I said I had a girlfriend. Mum asked me if I liked boys or only girls. I said I only liked girls. She asked what I wanted for dinner then suddenly my whole family knew. Done.
How do I deal with homophobic parents?
- I can't answer this in a good way. You will have to talk to someone who knows, like a guidance councelor, or your school nurse. I've never had to deal with that issue and I can't know what your relationship with your parents is like, so I don't know. I wish I did, but I can't.